Monday, May 16, 2016

Please Don't Throw Away Free Money Series

 This is the first entry of a two-part series about the value of using coupons and rewards points.

(Part 1- Coupon Edition)

This post isn't about any specific sale, deal or coupon, it's about seeing the value in 
the random coupons you get in the mail.

When I get a coupon in the mail, I put it right in my wallet, like it's cash because it works just like cash. 



Here is an example of why it's a good idea to keep those mailers even if you don't know if or when you'll use them.

A couple weeks ago I needed to buy a few baby shower gifts, so I looked in my wallet to see what coupons I had. I saw a $10 off $10 and a $10 off $25 for JCPenney.

First transaction: 
When I got to JCP I found Carter's brand three piece sets for boys and girls on sale for around $7.99 each. I swung past kids clearance and found a girls shirt for 
 $2.07. I used my $10 off $10 coupon and paid 8 cent for $36 worth of clothes.

Second transaction: 
Three Carter's three-piece sets, I used the $10 off $25 coupon and scored $68.90 worth of clothes for $15.87.

For a grand total of Four Carter's three-piece sets and a toddler shirt for $16.67.

Please don't throw away those coupons you get in the mail, mine was worth $88.95.

Next time you head out or jump online to shop, check your wallet for free money first!

Look for Part 2 in this series - Please Don't Throw Away Free Money, Rewards Points Edition.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment