Monday, August 22, 2016

Review: Lipshtick Presents Loni Love

My husband surprised me with tickets to see Lipshtick presents comedienne Loni Love at The Venetian in Las Vegas. Lipshtick is Las Vegas' first all-female comedy series. Love is an actress, comedienne and talk show host, on FOX daytime talk show The Real.


I watch Love on The Real daily while riding my workout bike and I was thrilled to find out that we would be spending the evening with Loni.

She was very funny and got the entire audience involved and made us feel like we were a part of the show. One of the funniest jokes reminded me so much of my family. She talked about how she had a family reunion and they all got into a fight and she had a hard time bailing people out of jail because she only knew them by their nicknames. That was so funny, because I can totally relate. When I get friend request on Facebook I don't accept them because I don't recognize the names. Then when I visit my family someone will ask, "why I haven't accepted their friend request?" I'm like, "I didn't see a request from you." When I pull it up, they're like, "that's me right there." I'm like, "What? I didn't know that was your name!"

The show was at the Sands Showroom, which is an intimate venue, which makes you feel like no matter where you are seated, you'll have a great vantage point. We got lucky that day and were invited to move closer to the stage, so we were seated just a couple rows from the front, awesome seats.
It was Love's birthday that week and the other comedians that opened for her came back out to show her some birthday love at the end of the show. She also took time to acknowledge every last person celebrating a birthday in the audience one by one during her set. I thought that was really sweet.
We had a good time and I can't Thank this guy enough for always showing me a great time. All smiles when I'm rolling with you.
Old school selfie, we didn't have much charge on the phone, so we had to use the long-arm camera technique.
Love is from Detroit, maybe that's why I like her so much, given the fact that I live so close to The D. She's very funny and we enjoyed the show very much. This was new for us, but we'll be sure to check out the Lipshtick line-up whenever we go to Vegas.


No comments:

Post a Comment