Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Review: Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss)

 My children and I love to watch Cake Boss on TLC, so I told my husband we had to try Carlo's Bake Shop, located in the Grand Canal Shoppes, 3325 S Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109.
We had the opportunity do it this summer, after a night watching Loni Love at the Venetian in Las Vegas.


I was pretty excited to try all the yummy treats I see them make on the show. As we were leaving Love's show, I was walking fast trying to follow the signs and figure out which way to go. When you get to the entrance of the hallway leading to the shop, you feel like you're walking down a little street in Italy. It's really cute and the bake shop is located on one side, with Cake Boss owned Buddy V's Ristorante across the hall.
Cakes on display at Buddy V's
Sign out front of Buddy V's
The line was long, but it moved quickly. There is a window into the kitchen, so you can see them preparing the different desserts and icing cakes. I thought that was very cool.

 I really loved seeing all the different desserts. Where I live, it's rare to go to a bakery and see such a large selection.
I wanted to try the cannolis because they look so good on the show, but of course we couldn't just get one thing. We got a cannoli, red velvet cup cake, chocolate chip cookies and butter cookies.

Everything really taste as good as it looks. Yes, we ate every last one and darn near licked the box. To up the cute factor, they individually wrap everything up for you and put them in an old school white bakery box and tie it with string. I loved that, and haven't seen the like since I was a kid growing up in Pittsburgh, when we would pick up cake and take them to my great-grandma (Bigma's) house.

I love everything about this place and it has officially been added to my must have list when visiting Las Vegas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment