Saturday, August 20, 2016

Review: Hash House a Go Go Las Vegas

During our eight days in Las Vegas this July, we visited Hash House a Go Go at the 
The LINQ!


It's open 24 hours, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Hash House describes it's style as twisted farm food. The menu offers lots of fresh farm to table favorites and the portions are huge. 

I was like - OMG, the butter honey drizzled biscuits were as big as my husbands fist, seriously share worthy and they tasted as good as they looked. Honestly, my eyes watched and followed the wait staff around the restaurant as they delivered each dish, I couldn't believe the portions and everything looked amazing. We actually ended up conversing with the table next to us because we were looking so hard at their plates.

I saw pictures on a friend's Facebook page and told myself I had to try that place next time we were in town. We did just that and the pictures didn't lie, the food was the bomb. 

What we ate:

Slow Cooked Bar B' Que Pork Ribs 
$21.99
St. Louis ribs braised with our house soy bar b' que sauce, griddled horseradish mashed potatoes and fresh veggies
 
 Crispy Fried Fresh Salmon $21.99
With sweet & spicy bar b' que, goat cheese and fresh tomato all on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes










I had the Crispy Fried Fresh Salmon, which had a cornmeal coating that sealed in the moisture of the perfectly prepared flaky fish. My carrots, tomatoes and green beans were very fresh and I could taste the natural sweetness. They make everything fresh in-house and I could truly taste the scratch difference with every bite of my mash potatoes. 

What we sipped:
Watermelon lemonade
 $5.99

I didn't love the watermelon lemonade, it was too sweet for me, but my husband thought it was delicious and I enjoyed the fresh watermelon garnish.

We had a wonderful meal and dining experience during this particular visit, but I must also share the bad with the good. We visited another night during our trip for a late night meal, after a show and the experience was like night and day compared to our first visit.

Let me set the scene. First red flag, both escalators leading up to the restaurant were out of order. Maybe that was a sign telling us don't go. Second, flag on the play, those biscuits I raved about earlier? Well, this time we had to ask for them. Also, they were frozen, paper weight hard and soaked in butter. Our server apologized for the frozen biscuits, but said there was nothing he could do to fix it. Really?

We should have walked out at that time, but we were hungry and decided to split the 18 ounce Bone-In Ribeye. The medium well steak we ordered arrived too rare to eat. Against my better judgement I sent the steak back. Unfortunately for me that was a terrible decision. When the steak was returned, it was very well done and not edible. We picked at it a bit, but ultimately decided to just leave.

18 Ounce Bone-In Ribeye, with maple sage garlic butter, prosciutto and griddled brie served with pumpkin mashed potatoes and carrots and green beans.
 The side items that accompanied the ribeye were quite delicious, especially the pumpkin mashed potatoes. It was like having a little pumpkin pie in your potatoes, a great mix of sweet and savory. They were the best part of the meal for me, so good in fact, I think I'll try to recreate them for our Thanksgiving dinner this year.

My first impression did leave a great taste in my mouth, so chances are, I'll go back for more. With that said, if I have another lackluster experience, I'll have to take them off my Vegas good eats list forever. Hash House a Go Go, please do better because I really thought we could have a long relationship were I come visit you when I'm in town and you give me that good good just how I like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment