Thursday, July 14, 2016

Review: Founding Farmers


On our first night in Baltimore, we planned to go to an Orioles baseball game, but it rained and we didn't want to watch in the rain, so off to find dinner we went.



I had heard that Founding Farmers had amazing chicken and waffles, so winner! We visited the  MoCo location, 12505 Park Potomac Ave., Potomac, MD 20854.

When we walked in it was packed and we were told it would be a 45 minute wait, but we only waited about 20 minutes before we were seated.

Founding Farmers is a farm-to-table concept restaurant. The decor is right up my alley with beautiful wooden, live edge tables and reclaimed and recycled materials throughout!

Special Thanks to Tucker, a manager, for going above and beyond to help me find food that was allergy free and safe for me to eat! Because I have a few food allergies, I have to be careful about eating certain foods.

He basically gave me a personal menu of safe foods, including options not available on the menu. Now that's what I call superb service! Our server was Oscar and he took very good care of us as well.

What we ate:

Whirley Pop Kettle Corn $5
We spotted a table with a large pot of popcorn on it and it smelled so good, it was calling our names. My children asked about nine times if we could get it! The begging children got what they wanted and it was a great decision. We loved it and literally scraped the pot clean. It was so tasty, hot, and buttery with a hint of sweetness!
Chicken and Waffles $16
Served up with a side of green beans and seven cheese macaroni and cheese. This just might be the best mac and cheese, I've ever had. It was baked, but still creamy and all the cheese flavors married well. My kids loved the mac and cheese, even my son, who usually only eats a no-thank-you helping.

Steak, broccolini and asparagus $22
I requested that the steak be prepared medium well, but it arrived well done. I didn't mind, it was moist and tender on the inside and flavorful. The vegetables were fresh and delicious as well.
What we drank:

Fresh squeezed lemonade with a splash of fresh pineapple juice $4
We usually drink a lot of water, but after being on the road most of the day we wanted some flavor and this was a refreshing choice. I certainly hadn't tried that combination together before, but I think it will be a new summer time favorite for my family.

The food was amazing! My kids ate every bite with no complaints! Mom and dad ate in peace, so it was a win-win and we'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment