Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Panorama Farm Market - Ellijay, Georgia


While sipping wine at Engelheim Vineyards in Ellijay, Georgia we decided to go looking for these fried pies I had heard so many good things about. We asked our server at the vineyard where we could find the best fried pies in town and without hesitation, she suggested Panorama Orchards Farm Market.





With GPS as our guide we headed for Panaroma Farm Market, and within 10 minutes we reached our destination. We were in for a real treat! Panorama offered fresh fruits, vegetables, fried pies and so much more.



Such a cute way to welcome customers!

We loved trying all the different spreads, yum!

Farm fresh vegetables and fruit

Fresh homemade fudge




I loved everything about this store, from the rustic décor, antique cash registers and of course all the tasting opportunities. Don't you just wish you could taste all your food before you bought it. We tried just about everything on the sign above! The apple slushies were delicious and the pies were true winners. We came home with so many goodies we'll be savoring the flavors for quiet some time.


I love this cool antique cash register.

OMG, these fresh homemade fried pies are so good!

What? $1.75 for fried pies? Great price for a unique treat, we'll take 5. We love to try new things while on vacation and the fried pies were number one on my list. They were a big hit with our family. We tried apple, cherry and peach, but peach and cherry were the favorites in the club house. I felt like the pie's needed a little something extra, like a drizzle of cinnamon sugar or something on top. The kids said they taste like stuffed beignet's and I thought that was a great description. As a matter of fact I think the kids had the right idea, next time I'll sprinkle my fried pie with a little powdered sugar, baby!




The Ellijay area is known for it's apples, and the selection is vast and abundant. They have an apple to meet any taste. Actually, Gilmer county is known as the "Apple Capital of Georgia". The staff at Panorama was very friendly and accommodating, and on our way out we were told we should come back to the annual Georgia Apple Festival in October. Sounds like fun, we just might have to take them up on the offer in the future.




The best part is, you can try a variety of different apples and peaches before making a final decision. I kept coming back for the sweet Gala apples, but it was hard to choose.






My family loves apples and we eat a lot year round. As a matter of fact apple was one of my youngest daughter's first words. So, I knew I had to bring some apples home with us, but a half bushel is a lot of apples! My kids have assured me they can handle it!




My husband was not leaving Panorama Orchards or Ellijay, GA without this Maple Praline Syrup. I hope it taste good, sure sounds yummy. I guess I'll be making pancakes this weekend! 




I couldn't walk by without snagging a few taffy's to snack on during our drive back to Michigan. The peppermint and peach flavors were my favorite, but they were all a hit in the car with the kids. Nothing like a stash of treats to help get the kids through 11 hours on the road.


My happy place!



Homemade and eggless too! I'll take two scoops please. Ice cream is my all time favorite summer time treat hands down. My husband and I were like little kids trying all the favors. 


 Single scoop $1.75 / Double $2.75 

I enjoyed this ice cream so much the first time I tried it, that we decided to bring the kids the next day to enjoy a scoop. The peach was my favorite, with little peach chunks through out, but the creamy strawberry was a close second, so I just had to have both. The scoops were large and the prices were great! In our town we pay almost double the price for a much smaller scoop.




I screamed, they screamed, we all screamed for ice cream! All the belles and gents enjoyed ice cream and a lovely family day out at Panorama Orchards in Ellijay, Georgia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment