Thursday, August 17, 2017

A River Runs Through It - Ellijay, Georgia



'A River Runs Through It' was our home away from home for our recent family vacation to Ellijay, Georgia. This sweet cabin is a North Georgia hidden gem in the foothills of the Chattahoochee National Forest. It was a beautiful, peaceful and serene private oasis with it's natural and melodic water sounds coming from the stream below.







The entire time we were here I kept thinking about the Fallingwater home by architect Frank Lloyd Wright. I kept wondering if the person who built this home was thinking the same thing. It's on my list of places to visit, and after spending time at what felt like a mini version of the home I'll have to move Fallingwater up on my list.



Dre' and I enjoying the view from the back patio.

100 Year old water wheel along the driveway.





We enjoyed the lovely fire pit to roast marshmallows and make s'mores with the kids. It's also a great place to sit and enjoy the mountains and scenery with a glass of wine or two.



Pathway down to the water

Cute little gazebo with hanging swings...AKA the hang out spot!

In addition to relaxing an reconnecting with our family, my daughter and I had the pleasure of celebrating our 5th and 40th Birthdays at this stunning property and I must say, this is the way to ease into 40. I'm really feeling this Fabulous and 40 situation!


The bridge over calming waters.

Nice kitchen with attached laundry room and screened in porch.


This was a very nice open concept kitchen with an island. It had plenty of storage and was very well appointed, they had everything we needed to prepare our meals for the week. Although I didn't do much cooking, I did spend a great deal of time eating in this cute kitchen. Thanks again to the great chefs, who held it down. By the way...the ribs, jambalaya and chili, were slammin!


Nice large dining room and living room.

I just need to put this out there for the record, I covet this beautiful large round eight seat teak table  at the cabin. Can somebody tell Dre' that I'm going to need one of these beauties at the new house...Please and Thanks in advance. He knows I love rustic furnishings. While I'm day dreaming out loud, Imma need a cabin too! Ya, can we just go ahead and get one of those too while we're at it, that would be fantastic. I love cabins!





The secondary large living room and game room is located directly over the creek, with balconies on either side to enjoy the view.


Pool table and hangout area. 


Front facing balcony




The back patio had a hot tub and plenty of seating. Let's just say this area got a lot of use. Morning or night, this was a great spot to laugh, hang out, do crafts or just sit and listen to the water and nature sounds.


Master bedroom

Bunk room

All the bedrooms had gorgeous wooden rustic décor, and the beds were very comfortable. Honestly, the sheets were soft and the beds were so comfortable that I slept into the afternoon hours most of the time we were there. The sounds of the water soothed me to sleep like a baby. I might have to get one of those water sound machines for the bedroom because it was amazing.


The view of the mountains were amazing!


We sure will miss the views of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains, the sounds of the creek and the taste of the quaint town of Ellijay, Georgia. We'll never forget what great family fun we had here at 'A River Runs Through it' and I know our memories will last a lifetime. My mother found this little piece of heaven in the mountains and I just wanted to give her a quick shout out. Mrs. T, you did your thing as always...Thanks Mom! Another wonderful family vacation in the books, Summer 17' was Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment