Monday, March 19, 2018

Belmont Park


As I sit here sipping my tea looking out the window at the snow, I can't help think back to sunnier days. I'm reminiscing on our family trip to California, when we visited San Diego last spring. During our trip, we spent the day at Belmont Park. My children were so excited to go to this particular park because it's beautiful, beach front and has carnival style games, rides and foods. Believe it or not they chose Belmont Park over some of the more well known California attractions because they couldn't believe it had so much to offer right at the beach. Coming from Michigan, this was a huge deal.




I was cool with their decision because it was going to save us hundreds of dollars, and I knew they would have just as much fun. The saving began when we pulled up, because parking and admission were free. Our first stop was to head over to the beach. We spent a good amount of time enjoying Mission Beach, which is adjacent to Belmont Park. The children loved hanging out at the beach splashing around, but it wasn't long before they were ready to go ride and play.






There are so many attractions to choose from at Belmont Park including rides, lazer tag, mini golf, rock climbing and more. You can choose an unlimited ride wristband or tickets to use for the day. We decided to purchase a package of 52 tickets for the to children to share for around $50. Everyone had a great time riding rides and playing games before someone spotted a giant ice cream cone and everyone agreed it was time to investigate where it came from.








We ended our night of fun with ice cream cones from the Sweet Shoppe at Belmont Park. Let me tell you these ice cream cones were giant, I mean huge and they were so inexpensive. Only $6 for two scoops, cup or cone and choice of two different flavors.  I was actually expecting two scoops but no, these were not your average scoops.  Each "scoop" actually contained multiple smaller scoops per flavor. We all totally enjoyed the bountiful "scoops" until we couldn't eat any more. I don't even know if any of us finished our cones, but they were delicious and it was one of the highlights of the day at Belmont Park.










Our trip was ending on a good note. We had  a wonderful day at Belmont Park and were headed to our hotel for our last night before flying home. We arrived to our hotel with three sleepy heads in the back seats and were promptly told that our reservations have been canceled. We were devastated. I mean honestly, I think my blood pressure shot up through the roof! My husband, who is one of the nicest people I've ever met went to talk to the manager. Come back tomorrow and find out where we ended up...



No comments:

Post a Comment